Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Feast of St. Peter and St. Paul


 Today is a beautiful day and a feast of two great Apostles: Peter and Paul. We owe much to both of them and I am praying to them today for help for the Church, especially here in the United States. I do not thinik that all the Bishops are really listening to Pope Francis and we have certainly not begun to work toward the synods that each diocese is called to hold within the next two years. We need to begin now to listen to one another and then discern what the Holy Spirit is calling us to do. Let us pray today for all our Bishops, Archbishops, Cardinals and for our Holy Father, Pope Francis. 

I returned from a wonderful vacation near the ocean yesterday. The first morning I slept until 8:55 - something that I have not been able to do for ages. It was so restful to get up when I wanted, eat when I wanted, and to go sit and contemplate the ocean. The weather was lovely; it was cloudy in the early morning, but then the sun came out and it was a joy to be outside. I suspect my nose may peel, but it was worth it just to sit and listen to the waves and watch the surf. 

I am so grateful that I am writing this blog the first night I am home, but I still feel that I am on vacation so do not be concerned if I am not writing every single day!

No comments: