Search This Blog

Friday, June 4, 2021

First Friday of June


 Today is the First Friday of June and I have not written for the past three days. I had a wonderful birthday on Monday and then developed a cold. I have been in my room as I did not want to give it to anyone and, as far as I know, no one has a cold here. 

I have really done nothing for three days. I read, prayed, and was in bed before dark some nights - I usually turn out my light between 9:30 and 10:00 so that was unusual for me. I feel the week has vanished but maybe I just needed this time to be. We are in the novena for the Feast of the Sacred Heart which is next Friday. Then we go into retreat from June 13-20 so I will be taking a bit of vacation from the blog.

This Sunday we celebrate the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ. A friend of mine, Dr, Mudita Meona Sodder, RSCJ, wrote me from India and sent me something she has written on "Sacred Heart Spirituality." I will be quoting from this reflection of hers in the next week as a way of preparing for the Feast of the Sacred Heart.

No comments: