Search This Blog

Saturday, June 5, 2021

Preparing for the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ


 Today is First Saturday and tomorrow we celebrate the Feast of Corpus Christi. The Eucharist is so important to me and I have missed having daily Mass, but am grateful that we now have it at least three times a week. Just sitting quietly in front of the Blessed Sacrament is such a grace.

I am going to be quoting from a paper sent me by one of my RSCJ friends in India, Dr. Mudita Sodder, on "Sacred Heart Spirituality." I think it will help us prepare for the Feast of the Sacred Heart and for the Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ tomorrow. She ends her reflection by saying:

"However, the epitome of Sacred Heart Spirituality is the Eucharist. Receiving the Body/Blood of Christ, one is blessed with grace, capacity to lay down one's life, be broken, even killed if need be, so that new life, new humanity and a new birthing can take place."

No comments: