Search This Blog

Friday, February 17, 2017

A Holy Place


This is a picture of a wonderful tree at Villa Maria del Mar where I have been making my retreat for many, many summers. I thought that I needed to add the last bit of Richard Rohr's book called "The Divine Dance" as he quotes from Catherine LaCugna's book "God for Us: The Trinity and Christian Life." She wrote: "The very nature of God, therefore, is to seek out the deepest possible communion and friendship with every last creature on this earth."

That, says Rohr, is a job description of God. His last line has really stayed with me. "God is on your side, honestly, more than you are on your own."
We are going to dinner with my sister and her husband, my sister's two children and the "we" means my brother and his wife and me.


No comments: