Thursday, February 2, 2017
Feast of the Presentation
I have something special to share with you today. There are seven principles of generative listening and so good to have that I am sharing them with you.
1. Slowing down and noticing more of what is present.
2. Listening with all my senses.
3. Listening to the words/images chosen: those specifically and not others.
4. Listening to the emotions conveyed by the person who is talking.
5. Suspending judgment: not pre-empting, classifying, nor dismissing what the person is expressing.
6. Noticing what I don't understand or what triggers questions for me rather than what I don't like about what I hear.
7. What do I feel as I listen to what is being said--and why?