Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2017

First Friday and Feast of St. Blaise


The picture is of my niece and nephew. His name is Blase and skips the "i" as it was his father's middle name and his Dad's birthday was today. Both my nephew and Jennifer, my niece are very dear to me, but I have not seen much of them. Both were born when I was in Chile. We will all be in Arizona later this month for my sister's birthday.

I have been reflecting on the fact that imagery is anything a person is experiencing; it does not need to be a picture, but can be a feeling, a color, a shape, etc. I think we all have so many images each day that it is overwhelming to try to sort through them, but we need to learn to be attentive to the nudges of the Holy Spirit. I think they often come through images.
Today we get our throats blessed! That is something that has seemed so important to me ever since I was a child. I now think of this blessing as not only keeping us from having sore throats, but as a blessing to use our voice to spread love and joy.


No comments: