Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Sunday before Lent


This picture was taken on my walk around the grounds.
The Gospel today tells us not to worry about our lives or what we will eat or drink, or about our bodies, what we will wear, etc. I guess Jesus knew the kind of preoccupation we would fall into and He assures us that we are more important than the birds of the air and our Heavenly Father feeds them and cares for them. We are not to worry about material things but seek first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all will be given you besides. "Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself."

Why do we worry? I think we lack trust. If we really trust the Heart of Jesus to take care of us, we would not be anxious and concerned; this is easier to say than to do. I often find myself getting anxious and know there is no real reason to feel anxious, concerned or just nervous, but it takes me to praying, "Sacred Heart of Jesus, I trust in You" until I feel calm again. And I am not one who usually worries about things; I do know that the Good Spirit's action in me never gives anxiety.
I fly home tomorrow and I look forward to being with my community at Oakwood. They are my other family and I love to be with both.

No comments: