Search This Blog

Sunday, February 18, 2007

A Favorite Prayer

This prayer is one from Father Pedro Arrupe, S.J that speaks to me so I keep going back to it and want to share it here:

Nothing is more practical than finding God,
that is, in falling in love
in a quiet absolute, final way.
What you are in love with,
what seizes your imagination,
will affect everything.

It will decide what will get you out of bed
in the morning,
what you will do with your evenings,
how you spend your week ends,
what you read,
who you know,
what breaks your heart,
and what amazes you with joy and gratitude.

Fall in love.
Stay in love.
And it will decide everything.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Helen,
That is also a favorite prayer of mine as is its author to whom I pray to regularly, especially for the sick and dying. I have a picture of him nursing a victim of the atomic explosions in Japan that is the best illustration of compassion I have seen.
Keep up the great work with the blog!
Jean