Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Knock and the door will be opened

Knock and the door will be opened Matthew’s Gospel for this Lenten weekday begins with Jesus saying: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.”(Mt 7:7-8) Here, we are to do the knocking, the desire to seek and find is ours, but I keep going back to the Book of Revelation where it is the Lord who knocks. “Look, I am standing at the door and knocking. If one of you hears me calling and opens the door, I will come in to share her meal, side by side with her.” (This is the way I remember the passage with the feminine pronouns but you can look it up in the Jerusalem bible, Rev 3: 20)

No comments: