Search This Blog

Thursday, January 15, 2009

"If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts."


It is good to be able to assist at daily liturgy, but when we do not but take time to pray over the readings of the day, I think there is a special grace for us.
Today, I hear the Lord saying to each of us: "If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts."

The Gospel is the wonderful scene of the leper kneeling before Jesus and saying, "If you wish, you can make me clean." And Jesus at once stretches out his hand and touches the leper and says, "I do will it. Be made clean."
I am the leper; I need only to go to Jesus and beg him to make me clean. His Heart is always moved with compassion and he reaches out, touches me, and makes me clean. Let us all go to Jesus today and kneel before him with the same petition as the leper so that we, too, may experience once again the compassion of Jesus and his healing power!

No comments: