Search This Blog

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Image of Joy


The picture today is "an image of joy" that I had stored and could not remember what it was until I uploaded it as I was in the mood to find an image of joy. This one has a lot to reflect on, but I will leave it to each to do so.

We are having the last and most important college football game tonight here in Miami. The headlines in the special section of the newspaper are "Who Wants It More?"
I guess we could apply that to our own spiritual lives and New Year's Resolutions.
Today thousands will clog the roads leading to the stadium; a million more will be watching the game on television. The newspapers have spent the week comparing the coaches, the quarterbacks, the defensive lines, the offense, the history of the two teams...and all this for a football game!! (I am a college football fan and a Florida team is playing...).

In today's Gospel, Jesus goes into the synagogue in Nazareth where he had grown up. He read the passage from Isaiah, "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring glad tidings to the poor..."
And Jesus, after rolling up the scroll and handing it back to the attendant, sat down and said, "Today this Scripture passage is fulfilled in your hearing."

Now that is something to get excited about!

No comments: