Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Gratitude


As I am reading The Grateful Heart by Wilkie and Noreen Au, I am going to share some of my thoughts this morning about the four facets they give of a grateful disposition. First comes intensity which really means that I need to take time to feel intensely my gratitude. I can increase my feeling of gratitude by savoring with more appreciation the people and events that make me feel grateful.
2.Frequency: I need to really be aware of the gifts and blessings in my life and that means stopping to reflect on them and "count my blessings". By consciously thanking for the many gifts of each day, I increase my disposition towards gratitude.
3. Span: This is not taking things for granted but including all the daily events, people, experiences, in my gratitude. We often take things for granted as we enjoy them everyday - that includes our senses, our freedom, our meals, our home, etc.
4. Density: This includes being grateful for all that goes into whatever success or achievement I have; think of the people who have helped me to be who I am today as well as the unique experiences I have had to bring me to this point and thank for all who have contributed to my gratitude today.

I just think that by being grateful we will be pleasing Jesus who is aware of all the gifts that God has given each one of us. He cured ten lepers but only one returned to give thanks!

No comments: