Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Julian of Norwich


The last new book that I am going to talk about is Amy Frykholm's Julian of Norwich: A Contemplative Biography. Paraclete Press, 2010. I bought the book because I love Julian of Norwich. I have not yet read it, but look forward to doing so. I visited Norwich and the tiny cell attached to the Church that was rebuilt after the war. I found the Cathedral, more than a fairly recent church, more filled with the spirit of Julian, but I did enjoy my visit and now I feel that I will enjoy reading a contemplative biography of her. I have studied her visions which she wrote and remember that this was the first book in the English language written by a woman.
Now, I shall try to remember to say more about the book when I have had a chance to read it. I do read a great deal, but only spend a little time each day on spiritual reading. I think that I have given all my readers many suggestions to keep you all busy. I will be away so will not be writing probably until October 25. In the meantime, do not forget to look at the blog of the Concord Pastor and click on the Bible to have great commentaries for the Sunday readings...also check out some of the other online sources I list for prayer. Then I feel I can go away and know that I leave you with good sources. So, until October 25 - and, to quote Julian, "all will be well, and all will be well,..."

No comments: