Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Reflection on my own experience


Praying over the conference that our Mother General, Kathy Conan, gave to those preparing for final profession, I found so many parts that I can apply to what I have been going through for the past five months, the same time as they have been in Rome. Kathy told them:

"You have grown in the contemplative aspect of our vocation, becoming more sensitive to God’s presence within yourselves, in others and in all that happens (Constitutions §21)."

That has definitely been one of the graces of this time for me. Then Kathy quotes Pope Francis:


"On this holy night, while we contemplate the Infant Jesus just born and placed in the manger, we are invited to reflect. How do we welcome the tenderness of God? Do I allow myself to be taken up by God, to be embraced by him, or do I prevent him from drawing close? “But I am searching for the Lord” – we could respond. Nevertheless, what is most important is not seeking Him, but rather allowing Him to find me and caress me with tenderness. The question put to us simply by the Infant’s presence is: do I allow God to love me?"  

Pope Francis, Homily for Christmas Eve 2014

I know I go to prayer to let God love me!


No comments: