Search This Blog

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Do you love me?

I took this picture in our patio across from my room and marvel at the abundance of blooms.

Jesus, now that breakfast is over, wants to give Peter a public opportunity to make up for his three denials which must have stilled weighed upon him. Jesus begins by asking Peter if he loves him. He asks him three times so that Peter can respond in the affirmative and Jesus can tell him to "Feed my lambs." When Jesus asks him, "Simon, son of John, do you love me more than these?" Peter says: "Yes, Lord; you know that I love You."

I have been hearing Jesus say to me, "Helen, do you love me?" At first I was just answering with the words of Peter, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you!" Now I add, "You know that I love to be loved by you!"
Peter must have felt great joy in the Presence of Jesus and so do I. It is wonderful to know that Jesus waits for us in the Eucharist and is still asking us the same questions. I think Jesus also says, "Let me love you." Let us open ourselves to His Love today!

No comments: