Search This Blog

Saturday, December 7, 2019

First Saturday

As I try to live Advent with Mary, I wonder how she feels when she recalls the last weeks leading up to the birth of Jesus. She was, I am sure, full of desire. Let us ask her to enkindle our desire for the coming of her Son, Jesus. 

There are many wonderful meditations that help us to stay with Our Lady during Advent. Imagine her, first of all, being visited by the Angel Gabriel. What she must have felt trying to understand what was being asked of her, how it would be possible, and finally, her "let it be done to me according to thy word." She accepts and then rushes off to be with Elizabeth. What were those month like for her? She did not know how to tell Joseph, but God finally took care of letting Joseph know. She knew how to trust God. And God entrusted Mary with His only-begotten Son!

We have the funeral for one of ours this morning and a sharing of memories. Then, I am planning to go to the movie, "Of Gods and Men" at 1:30. It is two hours and then we have Advent prayer in the Chapel. I will also have the Westwood Advent prayer at 6:10 so it is a full Saturday.

No comments: