Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2022

An Unexpected Problem


 I am sorry that I could not get into my blog until late last night. Actually, it was some sort of security issue with Google and I could not get it fixed without help as I set up this blog over thirty years ago. I think all is well now and I did have Monday to Wednesday in retreat at Villa Maria del Mar in order to prepare for the renewal of my vows which I made seventy years ago on December 15, 1952! It was a beautiful day beginning with the Mass of Renovation. Our usual Dominican priest has COVID so our Jesuit friend came and all was beautiful. Then my Senior student was able to come to the Mass as well as four of my spirituality group and my friend Patrick from Miami is with me all week so we had a little party after the Mass.

 Patrick took me to dinner in a new Italian restaurant in Menlo Park and we came back to watch some of the 49ers football game in Westwood with some of my community. It was a lovely day and I am most grateful for every moment of today and for the 70 years in the Society of the Sacred Heart.

Now it is almost time for the O Antiphons which means that Christmas is almost here so I am filled with the desire Mary must have felt to have her baby come into the world. Jesus comes to each of us and how grateful I am for the gift of His Presence in the Eucharist. Let us spend these last days of Advent asking Jesus to come and fill us with His Love.

No comments: