Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Feast of St. Francis Xavier


 Today we celebrate one of the first great Jesuit missionaries. He baptized thousands and was untiring in preaching and converting pagans. Many missionaries have been inspired by his zeal.

Now, as we move to the end of the first week in Advent, I must confess that I am loving the idea of staying with Mary during these last weeks before the birth of Jesus. I am also trying to imagine what being in the womb of Mary would be like for Jesus as it nears the time of birth. I have had a good week and sent all my Christmas cards to be mailed yesterday so I can concentrate on Advent. I also wrote notes for my eight students, but will wait to mail them until they will be home for the holidays.

I think we have many activities in Advent so one must look for ways to be more contemplative.

No comments: