Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2022

First Friday of December


 Advent means that Mary is carrying Jesus and, from what I hear from other mothers, the last weeks of pregnacy are not too comfortable as the baby now is moving around and growing heavier. However, that means that Mary is conscious of the life within her and is loving her unborn child with a growing desire to be able to birth her child and hold him in her arms. 

I will never forget the joy I had when my baby brother, George, was born very early on Christmas morning. My Dad arrived home from the hospital just in time to turn on the Christmas tree lights and tell us that the best present was not under the tree but with my mother but we had a baby brother. I was so happy and I think I grew up that Christmas and my Dad wanted a nap before going back to the hospitql so he put me in charge of notifying everyone and our wonderful cook asked me what time I wanted dinner to be served!! I was only ten years old, but took over the planning of the meals and ordering of groceries for the next two weeks. I think I relive this Christmas every year. The only present I remember from that year is my baby brother.


No comments: