Search This Blog

Saturday, March 17, 2007

St. Patrick's Day

Patrick was a great missionary to the Irish. Because he had been kidnapped by pirates at the age of sixteen and taken as a slave to Ireland, he learned to know the people and their customs in the six years he lived there. When he escaped and returned to Britain, his vocation to the priesthood led him to serve God in Ireland and to convert the Irish. Patrick was devoted to Christ and we have his beautiful prayer to remind us today to call upon Christ who is with us always:
Christ shield me this day,
Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I arise.
Christ in the heart of every
person who thinks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

No comments: