Search This Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

Why is it hard to hear God?

"I am the Lord your God, hear my voice."

Psalm 81 - Hear my people, and I will admonish you;
O Israel, will you not hear me?

" If only my people would hear me,
and Israel walk in my ways,
I would feed them with the best of wheat,
and with honey from the rock I would fill them."

Why is it so hard to hear God? To hear his voice, I must be silent. I must remove the clutter from my life, learn to slowdown and listen. I must sink into silence. God's first language is silence.

This prayer from Elizabeth of the Trinity helps me so I am including it here:

I desire to be all silence, all adoration,
to penetrate ever deeper and deeper into God,
and to be so filled with God
that I may by my prayer give him
to those who do not know him.

No comments: