Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Joy



Joy is the song of the spirit under the pressure of happiness, according to Mother Stuart. I like that definition and have always thought that Jesus must have been so full of joy that others flocked after him just because of his joy. I have a picture that someone gave me of a "laughing Jesus" and I think that in these days after his resurrection he must have done a lot of laughing.
Little children find joy in everything; the discovery of something new, the sight of a butterfly, a puddle of water, all can cause immediate joy and reaction. Jesus wants us to be childlike and I think that having a sense of joy and wonder as we go through life is one of his gifts to us. Let us discover this joy and wonder in all we contemplate today.

No comments: