Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

"One of you will betray me"



The hymn suggested for Tuesday morning prayer seems worth copying to reflect upon:
"O thou, who through this holy week,
Didst suffer for us all;
The sick to heal, the lost to seek,
To raise up them that fall.

We cannot understand the woe
Thy love was pleased to bear;
O Lamb of God, we only know
That all our hopes are there.

thy feet the path of suff'ring trod,
Thy hand the vict'ry won;
What shall we render to our God
For all that he hath done?

To God, the blessed Three in One,
All praise and glory be;
Crown, Lord, thy servants who have won
The victory through thee."


In the Gospel (John 13: 21-35,36-38)Jesus shows himself deeply troubled and testified, "Amen, amen I say to you, on of you will betray me."
He also tells Peter that he will deny him three times.
Imagine the pain of the Heart of Christ knowing that his closest companions will betray him, deny him, and leave him alone.

How will I stay with him during this Holy Week? How can I make up to him by my love?

No comments: