Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"The truth will set you free"


We all have a path to follow. In today's Gospel (Jn 8:31-42), Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him, "If you remain in my word, you will truly be my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

What is truth? We have the assurance from Jesus that the truth will set us free. The Little Black Book says that there is a freedom that is within the reach of everyone in this world. "It is a freedom that no one can take from us. It is the freedom to love my neighbor, to forgive my enemy, to receive God's forgiveness, to believe the great truths, to open myself up to God's love."
Where in my life do I feel hemmed in, not free? I need to talk to the Good Shepherd about it. Jesus is the Good Shepherd who leads me out of confinement, into the wide green pastures of freedom. With Jesus, I will walk the path that has been determined for me from all eternity.

No comments: