Search This Blog

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Contemplative Attitude


I am continuing to comment on the section on Prayer in the Constitutions of the Society of the Sacred Heart as they are so pertinent to an understanding of our spirituality.

#22 This contemplative attitude permeates our whole being,
helping us to live ever more united to Christ
in our relationships, our tasks and our ministry;
it becomes a powerful force
of conversion and transformation for mission.
In welcoming God's word
Mary gave Christ to the world.
In receiving the life of Jesus
we give ourselves with Him so that all may have life.


We were talking about finding the presence of God and having the "mind" of Christ Jesus so what do I mean by this "contemplative attitude" that permeates our whole being? I think it means taking time to reflect and learn how to find God in all things. We are called to listen to God as He speaks to us through events, persons, circumstances in our daily lives.

1 comment:

Blessed by God - the Best of all Worlds said...

Thank you Helen, once again for your intuitive and perceptive commentary on prayer, as given to us in the Constitutions. I must admit that some days there are pieces I go back to for several days, such as the one about"remain in silence and poverty of heart...". I change "poverty" to simplicity; it is more meaningful for me.
Also I must chuckle at the snow pictures. we have yet to see real winter here on The Cape!
Thanks again. Happy new year.
Love and peace,
Cathy