Search This Blog

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Speak, Lord, I am listening!


The image of the cornucopia represents something of what I am feeling this week end. My mind and heart seem so full of God's goodness that all is spilling out and bearing fruit, I hope and trust. As I have said before, I am so grateful for my life and need to tell the world that God is good and wants us to live in His Love and joy.
At yesterday's meeting of my Shalem group (begun back in 1989 as supervision group for spiritual directors) we spoke about how our thinking has been changed. It was good to share this with others as I really believe that I am at a new place and it is hard to find the vocabulary to describe it. One used the image of being in God as a wave in the ocean and that is one aspect that has changed. I live and move and have my being in God. I have always believed that God is present everywhere but with the discoveries of science and finding how the world is evolving, I am caught up in a God who not only cares for me and the world, but a God who is calling each of us to help us build the Body of Christ.
The Sunday Liturgy this week has Samuel being called and needing help from an older, wiser Eli to recognize that it was God calling him. Eli then told him to answer: "Speak, Lord, your servant is listening!" And we are reminded in the psalm "If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts." Then the Gospel has Jesus inviting the two disciples to "Come and see." He continues to invite each of us to follow him!

No comments: