Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Transformed by the Spirit...


To continue reflecting on the Charism of the Society of the Sacred Heart as manifested in our Constitutions, let us look at the next paragraph under End and Mission:

4.
By our charism, we are consecrated
to GLORIFYING THE HEART OF JESUS:
we answer His call
to discover and reveal His love
letting ourselves be transformed by His Spirit
so as to live united and conformed to Him,
and through our love and service
to radiate the very love of His Heart.


I think most of us agree that we glorify the Heart of Jesus by discovering and revealing His love; I guess it also means allowing ourselves to be loved by Him - at least that is one of my convictions. We are united to Jesus and I think we have a special call to descend into His Heart and remain in His love.
It is consoling for me to think that the Spirit does transform us when we let Him!

No comments: