Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Fourth Sunday of Lent



I love this quote from the first reading from the first Book of Samuel where he is sent to anoint one of the sons of Jesse....He thinks it will be Eliab but 
"The Lord said to Samuel: "Do not judge from his appearance or from his lofty stature, because I have rejected him. Not as man sees does God see, because man sees the appearance but the Lord looks into the heart."

The Responsorial Psalm's response is: "The Lord is my Shepherd, there is nothing I shall want." I love Psalm 23 and it is consoling to have it just now with so many ill everywhere.

The Gospel is from John 9:1-41 although there is a shorter form; it is when Jesus cures the man born blind.  Again, we see how the Pharisees are against Jesus and how Jesus reacts. Lent is half over and the opposition is growing. Let us stay with Jesus as He moves toward His Passion, death, and resurrection.

No comments: