Search This Blog

Sunday, March 8, 2020

Second Sunday of Lent

Today's Gospel is one that I love. It is Matthew 17:1-9 and is his account of the Transfiguration of Jesus. It begins, "Jesus took Peter, James, and John his brother, and led them up a high mountain by themselves." Luke tells us that Jesus led them up the mountain to pray. While there, they hear God saying to Jesus, "This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him."

The reflection in Give Us This Day is from Pope Francis' words at the Angelus, March 16, 2014; I will only give you a bit of it, but hope you will read the entire reflection.
"Our Father said this to these Apostles and says it to us as well: 
"Listen to Jesus, because he is my beloved Son." This week let us keep this word in our minds and in our hearts: "listen to Jesus!"....We, the disciples of Jesus, are called to be people who listen to his voice and take his words seriously. To listen to Jesus, we must be close to him, to follow him...

I am going to continue this reflection tomorrow as I think it so important for us.

No comments: