Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 12, 2022

The cleft in the rock






 I do not have a picture to express what happened toward the end of my first Guided Imagery. I was, I thought, back in the real world when the angels fly back with me to the beach. I found myself on a rocky beach and discover a cleft in a large rock which leads me into a cave of smooth rock washed clean by the ocean waves at high tide. It is dry at this moment and I sit on the ledge and think about meeting God here. I feel His Presence. I can hear the ocean but not see it so I go back out on the beach.

Then, rather suddenly, I find myself in a large, comfortable bed. I am feeling contented, relaxed. Then I see some RSCJs in habits around my bed. There are our two canonized saints, Madeleine Sophie and Philippine Duchesne, and Reverend Mother Stuart is also there and one who knew me as a child, then as my superior when I was 22 and then later was one who directed some of my retreats. I need to dialogue with each of these holy people, but the music stopped almost the moment I saw who were around my bed.

I am sharing all of this so you can see that God speaks to us through our imaginations and gives us images that have meaning if we take the time to pray with them and ponder with the Holy Spirit the message given.

No comments: