Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2022

Wisdom Figures


 Before I continued with my second Guided Imagery from the retreat, I want to say that I have had real, living Wisdom Figures in my life and some of the saints are also Wisdom Figures for me, but I never had one appear to me. I do think we are all given people of wisdom to help us and I am grateful that one appeared in my Guided Imagery.

I am skipping a bit where I found myself in a snow scene watching some ice-skaters on a pond. Then I found myself in a cabin with a fire in the fireplace and I went to sit on the couch in front of the fire.   This is what I wrote: "I sit on the couch in front of the fire and feel God's love - the Heart of Jesus is on fire with love and now some of that love is burning in me. As I sit contemplating the fire and feeling God's love, a Wisdom figure appears and comes and sits next to me on the couch. She is dressed in a robe and hood. We sit quietly; I am feeling God's love and do not want the music. I try to ignore the music as I do not want to leave the cabin. I want to stay here, and the music says I can't. But my Wisdom figure says, "Just sit here and enjoy the fire.".... The Wisdom figure puts her arm around me and says, "Let God love you!"

I sort of condensed a bit, but it was a real experience of God loving me! I still have a third Guided Imagery to share with you next wee,.

No comments: