Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Angels



I am a firm believer in angels. As we approach Advent, it is good to remember that our angels are like "alarm clocks" - I read this comparison in a book about Advent and it said that they are a wake up call for us. I believe that I have a special, guardian angel who watches over me. I am not fond of alarm clocks, but certainly my angel alerts me to possible falls of all kinds. My angel works hard to nudge me in the right-direction, to remind me of duties I might neglect, to inspire me with ways of being thoughtful and kind. Protection is a broad term; my angel guards me from myself as well as from exterior dangers. I think I have often felt the presence of my angel in my life and want to thank for this constant care and also the wake-up calls.
May we continue to pray one of the first prayers most of us learned to say:
Angel of God, my guardian dear,
to whom God's love commits me near
Ever this day be at my side,
to light, to guard, to rule and guide."


Holy Guardian Angels, protect us! Help us to prepare for Advent by being awake to God's calls.

No comments: