Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Thanking God


Ten lepers were healed by Jesus but only one returned to give thanks. Jesus asks, "Where are the other nine?"
Daily I receive gifts from God. Am I among those who do not return to give thanks to God?
Lord, make me grateful for every gift today. I so often take things for granted when I should be overflowing with gratitude for the gift of life, for the fact that I am able to walk, see, hear, smell, touch, taste, and be aware of the beauty of creation. I thank you because I am your child as well as your creation. I thank you because you are always present in my life; you are always loving me. What a gift! May today be a song of thanksgiving from morning to night. Lord, I am grateful!

In the first reading today from the Book of Wisdom:
"Desire, therefore my words;
long for them and you shall be instructed."

Lord, you know the desires of my heart. Teach us your ways, O Lord.

No comments: