Search This Blog

Monday, November 19, 2007

"Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!"


The blind man shouted out, "Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!" The people around him rebuked him and told him to be silent, but he was stubborn and "kept calling out the more, Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!"
Jesus stopped. He had heard the cry of the blind man and ordered that he be brought to him. When he came near, Jesus asked, "What do you want me to do for you?"
"Lord, please let me see" was the reply. Jesus then says, "Have sight; your faith has saved you."

I love this story because it is so simple and true. It is what happens to us. We call out to Jesus in prayer and Jesus hears us. He asks us "What do you want me to do for you?" We tell him our desire to see. We, too, want to see - and the blind man "immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God."

Gratitude is one way to glorify God. Let us prepare this week to celebrate our American feast of Thanksgiving by thanking for the gift to see and thanking for the desire we have to see more, to see others as Jesus sees them, to see the needs of others, to see what is true and good. . .

No comments: