Search This Blog

Friday, December 5, 2008

"Do you believe that I can do this?"


Matthew's Gospel today has Jesus restoring sight to two blind men who followed him, crying out, "Son of David, have pity on us!" Imagine being blind and hearing that Jesus was near. What desire they must have had to approach Jesus crying out, "Have pity on us!" Jesus hears them. He asks them, "Do you believe that I can do this? They answer, "Yes, Lord" and Jesus touched their eyes and said, "Let it be done for you according to your faith." And their eyes were opened.
To what am I blind that needs the healing touch of Jesus to open my eyes? Have I faith to see? And do I cry out to the Lord with the same intensity of desire?

Here is a great Advent calendar to help prepare for Advent; it is found at
http://www.ewtn.org/devotionals/Advent/index.htm

No comments: