Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

"I know him in whom I have believed..."



Today's first reading is from Paul's Second Letter to Timothy and I suspect that some of Paul's words will touch you as they do me. He calls Timothy,"my dear child" and then Paul says: "I am grateful to God, whom I worship with a clear conscience as my ancestors did, as I remember you constantly in my prayers, night and day." I wonder if Paul did as I do and often pray for "all that I have promised to pray for and all who need my prayer."
Paul goes on to say, "For this reason, I remind you to stir into flame the gift of God that you have...He saved us and called us to a holy life, not according to our works but according to his own design and the grace bestowed on us in Christ Jesus before time began, but now made manifest through the appearance of our savior Christ Jesus....I know him in whom I have believed and am confident that he is able to guard what has been entrusted to me..."

Perhaps this reading caught my attention because I watched the installation of our new Archbishop. He has need of the grace of God as he takes over this international archdiocese; fortunately he speaks both Creole and Spanish and has been welcomed home as a native son of South Florida. Let us pray for him, Archbishop Thomas Wenski, and also for one another that we may "stir into flame the gift of God" that we have been given. "I know him in whom I have believed."

http://concordpastor.blogspot.com/ Do check out this blog that has been added to my blog list on the right side as the novena for the Feast of the Sacred Heart is going to be worth following and every Monday this blog makes for excellent reading! I am glad I have added it for you.

No comments: