Search This Blog

Monday, December 6, 2010

Advent retreat was wonderful


I did get home on Saturday in time to swim before getting ready to go to the Mass and Christmas dinner at Carrollton. I had a lovely, silent time in Gainesville with the six hour drive up and the six hours back added to the three nights spent in the Cenacle there. On Friday night I went to a Christmas concert in the church with the Cenacle community. The choir was magnificent! I am glad I went as it was a fitting closure for my three days of retreat and I drove home on Saturday thanking God for this quiet time. It was quite cold in Gainesville but I enjoyed walking in the cold weather. The neighborhood is in the historic district and full of huge homes made of wood and most quite Victorian; some have the dates posted and are usually from 1854 to 1898. Many had carriage houses that now hold students as Gainesville is a real University town. Anyway, I am now home and hope to get back to writing and also to have a holy Advent preparing for the Lord's coming at Christmas. I wish that for all of you, too. I am going through the Litany of the Sacred Heart again and today is "Sacred Heart of Jesus, to your firm confidence, I unite myself." I think trust is a way to please the Heart of Jesus and so am confiding the entire world to Him.

No comments: