Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Anniversary of my Vows today!



This will always be a very special day for me. I am celebrating fifty-eight years since my giving myself to Jesus Christ in the Society of the Sacred Heart. It has been a time of great grace; there have been sorrows and many joys through the years but the Lord is always with me and I belong to Him and that makes all the difference. There is only one left in the Society of the Sacred Heart of the original five who made vows with me at Kenwood and she has been in Taipei and I have not seen her or communicated with her all these years so will try now to write to her. I have followed the great work she has done over there. Two are dead now and I made contact with another just last year; she had left the Society when I was in Chile; we happened to find ourselves together last year when I went to visit a friend; I suspect that was planned by the Lord. I am just so happy in my own vocation and look back on this anniversary and see how faithful the Lord is in every moment of my life and I am filled with joy and gratitude.

Here is a Christmas card that I hope you can see as it is worth it:
http://ak.imgag.com/imgag/product/preview/flash/bws8Shell_fps24.swf?i

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say, +God's blessings on your anniversary!!! You're in my prayers.

Pax!