Search This Blog

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bridge over water


Monet saw the beauty of the water lilies floating on the water and has given us all such joy in contemplating his paintings. I was praying today and remembered that one way to reflect on the way God is leading us is to make a list of what comes to mind as the 15 or more most significant events in your life. I did that again this afternoon and it is always an exercise in gratitude and a bit of awe at the way God has arranged my life; it also makes me feel that I can trust God with the rest of it without reservations. Try it for yourself and see what happens when you do this in prayer. I do not always note the same significant events and that is another source of reflection for me. The point is that the Holy Spirit brings to mind what God has been doing for us.

No comments: