Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Prayer Before Silent Prayer


This is taken from Prayers for a Planetary Pilgrim by Edward Hays and I just thought it might be helpful to others as I copied it into my Journal.

Divine and Hidden Friend,
I often feel that I fail at prayer,
but I rejoice that your Spirit
prays ceaselessly in the cellar of my heart.

Grant me the grace to sit still,
that I may hear the Spirit's silent song,
ever flowing like a river deep within,
singing my love for you.

Quiet my restless heart,
calm my roving, runaway mind,
as now, in communion with all the earth
and her many-colored children,
I enter into the song of love,
the prayer of stillness.


I like the idea of the Spirit praying ceaselessly in the cellar of my heart; I also will be thinking that the song of love is the prayer of stillness.
My Journal has a place in the back for favorite quotes and helps for prayer and that is where I copied this.

No comments: