Search This Blog

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thirsty for God


St. Catherine of Siena said that God is living water and we must plunge into Him.

"Let everyone who is thirsty come.
Let anyone who wishes take the waters of life as gift."(Rev. 22:17)
We get thirsty easily and this is good as it can remind us that we are really not only thirsty for water but thirsty for God. My soul thirsts for you, O my God. Come and quench my thirst by plunging me into the depth of Your living water where I am surrounded by Your love.
"I will open rivers on the bare heights, and fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, and the dry land springs of water."(Isaiah 41: 18)
We are having another day of rain which south Florida badly needs. My friend left this morning but we had Mass and breakfast out together first. Now I am content to stay in the house and listen to the rain that is falling steadily.

No comments: