Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Great Reformer

As most of my readers probably know by now, I am a great reader of all Pope Francis writes and have read many of the biographies that have been written about the Pope, but now I have still another to recommend.
It is a well-written book by Austen Ivereigh, a British writer and journalist. The title of this contextual biography is "The Great Reformer: Francis and the Making of a Radical Pope." With Notes and Index, it I over 400 pages and I have only read a third of the book, but I am enjoying it very much and learning a great deal at this point about Argentina as well as more about Francis. I do continue to read The Pope App each day and recommend that again, too.

Here is something to reflect on today with no connection to the book recommendation:
Jean-Pierre de Caussade reminds us: “What God arranges for us to experience at each moment is the best and holiest thing that could happen to us.”


No comments: