Search This Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2016

In honor of Mary




When I attended the Sacred Heart alumnae meeting and luncheon in Arizona last Saturday, one received her Child of Mary medal. We all recited this act of Consecration to Our Lady and I thought some of my readers would like to have it.

Holy Mary, Mother of God and Immaculate Virgin, filled with the desire of serving the Sacred Heart of your Divine Son better, and of loving Him as you loved Him, in the presence and under the guidance of the Church, I -----------, take you today as my Mother, my Queen and my Model. I consecrate to you, as a pledge of the most ardent love, my soul and my body, all that I am and all that I have. I confide myself to your motherly protection, with the firm determination to follow your inspirations and example. I will strive to live a truly Christian life, based on the principles of the Gospel, in a spirit of detachment, purity and submission. I promise to be in everything a true child of Holy Church, and under her guidance to devote myself generously to the work of redemption of His Divine Heart. Receive me, then, O Mary, ever Virgin, as your servant and child. Keep me faithful to this consecration. Help me to live truly as a member of the Mystical Body of Christ, and an apostle of His Sacred Heart. And do not abandon me at the hour of my death. Amen.

No comments: