Search This Blog

Friday, January 8, 2016

Stormy Sea

The ocean has been gray and rough all during the retreat and we have actually had thunderstorms and enough rain for a flood watch, I love the Gospel where Jesus makes his disciples get into the boat and set out to sea. He stays behind, dismisses the crowd and goes off alone to pray. A storm comes up on the lake and Jesus knows his friends are having a hard time out there. They must have been wet, cold, and exhausted and not happy that Jesus had sent them out without him. Then He comes to them.
This was not part of my retreat but I keep thinking of so many times when Jesus has sent me out and I am feeling helpless in the situation and He comes.
I am loving the retreat so please keep praying. It ends Saturday at noon but I will stay to clean up and go home later, hopefully not too late.

No comments: