Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2016

First Friday in Advent



I love the Collect for today:

"Stir up your power, we pray, O Lord, and come, that with you to protect us, we may find rescue from the pressing dangers of our sins, and with you to set us free, we may be found worthy of salvation."

Stir up your power and come - we need You. We know You can save us from ourselves, from all the evil we are capable, so come, Lord Jesus and do not delay.
The Gospel has two blind men following Jesus as he passed by. They cry out, "Son of David, have pity on us!" When Jesus goes into the house the blind men approached him and Jesus asks them, "Do you believe that I can do this?" They answer, "Yes, Lord." So then Jesus touched their eyes and said, "Let it be done for you according to your faith." And the Gospel tells us  that their eyes were opened.
When I beg Jesus for something, do I have the faith that He can and will do what I ask?
The reflection for today in "Give Us This Day" talks about waiting for God. It says that it sounds simple, but it is very demanding, since God's ways are not our ways and "for the Lord on day is as a thousand years." We wait. This is a time to trust the Lord. I always feel that each First Friday is a time to renew our trust in the Lord who loves each of us.
I feel on vacation with Patrick here.

No comments: