Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

The lover of silence draws closer to God


This Third Week of Advent is so full that I am late with my blog today. I thought that I had written it and had this quote ready from The Ladder of Divine Ascent by St. John Clemacius:

"Intelligent silence is the mother of prayer, freedom from bondage, custodian of zeal, a guard on our thoughts, a watch on our fears, a friend of tears, a recollection of death, a concern without judgment, a foe of license, a companion of stillness, the opponent of dogmatism, a growth of knowledge, a heand to shape contemplation, hidden progress, the secret journey toward the Light." The lover of silence draws closer to God."


Sorry that is all I have time for as I am on the way to my prayer group. We had a great day yesterday and a sharing on St. Madeleine Sophie that was beautiful.

No comments: