Search This Blog

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Change clocks tonight



One of the questions given us to reflect on in the day of retreat was "Where is there deep JOY in your life now? -or why is it absent?
I think I have deep JOY at Oakwood because I am trying to live my vocation within my call to follow Jesus and that is to give Him joy by choosing what is pleasing to Him! My main purpose here is to be more contemplative, compassionate, and just enjoy all that the Lord has planned for me. I suspect we are all called to enjoy the life we are given, even when there are moments that are more difficult.

Another quote I love is "In the middle of all my troubles, you roll me over with rollicking delight." PS 94:19

And then there is the quote from Father Pedro Arrupe, SJ:
Nothing is more practical than finding God, than falling in love in a quite absolute, final way. What you are in love with, what seizes your imagination, will affect everything. It will decide what will get you out of bed in the morning, what you will do with your evening, how you spend your weekends, what you read, whom you know, what breaks your heart, and what amazes you with JOY and gratitude. Fall in love, stay in love, and it will decide everything.

Don't forget to change your clocks tonight. We lose an hour of sleep so put your watch ahead and go to bed an hour earlier!

No comments: