Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

We need silence




"We need silence to be alone with God, to speak to him, to listen to him, to ponder his words deep in our hearts. We need to be alone with God in silence to be renewed and transformed.
Silence gives us a new outlook on life. In it we are filled with the energy of God himself that makes us do all things with joy."
                                         Saint Teresa of Calcutta

I hope my effort to create interior silence this Lent is helping me to do all things with joy. I think this is the first Lenten season in the last few years  that I have really entered into it with great anticipation and desire to change. It is really a desire to let God transform me. I just sit in front of the Blessed Sacrament in our lovely Chapel and feel open to whatever God wants and utterly surrendered to the Trinity whose presence is in us and around us.


No comments: