Search This Blog

Friday, March 10, 2017

God is in your midst



"The Lord your God is in your midst...God will rejoice over you with gladness and renew you in his love. God will sing joyfully because of you, as one sings at festivals." Zephaniah 3: 17-18

I am praying over these verses since the retreat day last Saturday.  Now the idea of God rejoicing over me fills me with joy. I have been thinking only of giving joy to Jesus and now I love the idea that God is rejoicing over me.

And, while I know that Jesus said he is with us always, this from Rumi also is to be taken for prayer and reflection:

"Lo, I am with you always."
You promised that, and when I realized it was true, my soul flared up. Any unhappiness comes from forgetting,
Remember, and be back close with the Friend. -Rumi



No comments: