Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2019

Reviewing one's life is a grace



As I continue the review of my life, Philippine is very present. She went through so much, but because of her I was able to be a boarder at the Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles for my four years of high school. I remember each of our annual retreats given by Jesuits. We would go into retreat on Monday evening and keep perfect silence until Friday morning. That was quite a feat for teenagers, but I loved those days and always had the life of a Religious of the Sacred Heart to read. God works in strange ways but I knew I had to go try religious life. The example of the Religious who taught me was powerful.

I had my faith from my parents who taught me to pray, but I also had six wonderful years at the Academy of the Visitation and had devotion to the Heart of Jesus from the time I made my First Communion. 

I am finding time taken to review my life with Jesus is very fruitful and I urge you to do the same. You do not need to wait for a birthday to do this!

No comments: